I'm a Bengali or a Bong and a Geek. Even though there's some dispute on the first part there's none about the later.
Some facts about me...
- I'm a bong
- I was born in Kolkata, India (surprise!!)
- I lived most of my early life in Kolkata, India
- I have a BS (that doesn't mean bullshit) degree in Physics from University of Calcutta (1998)
- In the mean time I started coding on 286 and 386 machines in Basic, Pascal, Fortran, COBOL, C, C++, Lisp, Prolog, VB, VC++, ...
- Heisenberg was right and I was pretty uncertain at that point.
- So after finishing physics I got myself a B.Tech degree in Computer Science and Engg from University of Calcutta (2001).
- Fortunately I flunked my first campus interview which was at TCS
- Fortunately I did not flunk at the next interview and landed up a job in Texas Instruments in the Software development team
- Got another offer at Microsoft and officially sneered at them with more credence.
- Joined TI and wrote linker/loader and some dynamic SW verification tools. Then went ahead to do some embedded OS work. Got throughly bored and moved to more graphic areas
- Got married to my highschool friend Somtapa. She is the best thing that could've happened to me < (you see she visits this page)
- I then worked in Adobe Systems in the FrameMaker team
- Got a call from a Microsoft recruiter. Since I was making frames anyways I thought I could increase my charter and make a whole window.
- I then joined Microsoft in Hyderabad in the Team Foundation Server team and not the Windows team.
- This time it is officially not my fault and the team itself changed charter and took up the Visual Studio for Team System work.
- My daughter Prokriti was born. She is five now and let me tell you parenting is a full-time job where you actually get paid more than you deserve.
- Got bored again.
- I then drew this famous cartoon depicting why I had moved to the .NET Garbage Collector team team. I now work on the core execution engine on the .NET runtime
- My wife loves rain, so I thought I'd test her and shifted to Seattle area. I continue to work for the .NET CLR team
- We were busy wearing off car's tyre and our knee ligaments driving/hiking around when lightning stuck us. The C word entered our life
- I wanted to write up a list of things I've done, but felt that a list like this won't help my career much.
- In case you are a potential employer I want to assure you that I don't get bored as easily as it seems from the above and there's actually many years between each episode.